Today was the first day of a course that I am teaching through VC to Educational Assistants. I had difficulties over the last week or so, as the Moodle site I had set up over the past month disappeared. As I worked with the tech department to try to find my site, I browsed many screen shots of Moodle sites until I found one that looked like mine. Today, as I was about to go teach, I realized that this was not my site, but just looked similar on the outside!
I went to teach anyways, and the bridge that all the sites dial into was acting up so we ended up having to cancel class. It was at this time that I noticed that the students in the room with me had a different textbook than I. By this time, I was ready to cry. After many hours prepping for this course and trying to be ready ahead of time, technology was not on my side and things seemed to be getting worse.
I spent some time looking at my new materials and realized that they are better than the old ones. I can feel the fire burning again, and have used that fuel to develop a new course outline and have prepared for the first lecture again!
Even though my Moodle site seems to be lost in space, it is all good! (Apparently it may have been written over!) I have better materials to add to it now, and this will save me time deleting the old ones! It's always nice when you can see the silver lining. I am super excited to start the course again next week! Fingers crossed on the bridge working!